Thursday, January 6, 2011

Former White Zombie Bassist Sean Yseult: "I Just Started a New Band"

Sean Yseult speaking at the Tribeca Barnes & Noble.
Photo by: Brooke Niemeyer


By: BROOKE NIEMEYER
Sean Yseult, the former bassist for the 90’s heavy-metal band White Zombie, revealed last night that she is returning to music, but this time with another group.

“I just started a new band, with some very good friends, called Star and Dagger,” Yseult said last night. “It’s kind of been dubbed Anita Pallenberg fronting Black Sabbath. It’s heavy with these very beautiful vocals.”

Instead of touring with a band right now, Yseult is out promoting her book “I’m in the Band: Backstage Notes From the Chick in White Zombie.” While at the Tribeca Barnes & Noble last night, Yseult said that going through her old boxes of band and touring memorabilia a few years ago is what prompted her to put together the book.

“The photo albums I had were filled with backstage parties and the tour diaries I kept were the biggest surprise,” Yseult said. “These were written diligently each night before I fell asleep, even though half the time I was half-past drunk.

The book is a compilation of photos and ticket stubs, as well as anecdotes from her years with the band.

“Most of the things I do remember play back like a movie in my head,” Yseult said. “Like riding in the Ramones van from gig to gig while we were on tour together or getting busted in a New Orleans graveyard with Lux [Interior] and [Poison] Ivy of The Cramps.”

With all the musicians she’s worked (and partied) with, she says without a doubt her favorite is Pantera.

“Those guys were like my big brothers,” Yseult said. While you’re on stage, just constant pranks and offstage too. They made passing 23 hours a day [on tour] an art form.”

This story ran on NBCNewYork.com's NiteSide.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on you're new book Sean! I'll be purchasing a copy very soon. It was also nice to meet you back in the early to mid 90's. As a young teen at the time I was working at the Taco Bell in Dayton, Ohio. I was so excited that after a long night we had finally closed and began to put the food away. BUT (lol) just as I was about to leave, a tour bus or three pulled into the lot and a group of people came to the door. My manager said "some country band wants to come in." haha, someone was wearing something like a cowboy hat. As I was getting the food back out (after close) and mumbling how pissed I was I about died when Sean, J and some of the crew came in. I looked at my manager and said "that ain't no f-in country band!" About fifteen minutes later I walked into the lobby and talked bass stuff with you for a few minutes. I have a feeling you would have talked much longer had the manager not wanted me to (re) clean up the kitchen. Great memories. You were very cool and down to earth and a huge inspiration! Dave

    ReplyDelete