Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Jennifer Aniston Channels Barbra Streisand for Photo Shoot

Barbra Streisand/Jennifer Aniston
Photos sources: Columbia Pictures/Harper's Bazaar


By: BROOKE NIEMEYER
Jennifer Aniston paid tribute to the original funny girl, Barbra Streisand, in a photo shoot for the September issue of Harper's Bazaar. Jen donned Babs' signature elaborate eye makeup, a wig, and manicured nails for the shoot in an old Los Angeles theater.

And it didn't take much to convince the "Friends" star to dress up like the woman she's idolized since childhood.

"Barbra inspires me because there isn't anything she hasn't done that she wanted to do, especially as a female in the time when her generation was prime," Aniston said. "She's a true renaissance woman."

Aniston, 41, met Streisand at a Hollywood New Year's Eve party a few years ago and called it a wonderful experience.

"I've loved her since I was a kid, and all of a sudden, there she is, and she's just like someone you've always known," Aniston said. "She was wonderful, and you could talk to her about anything. I happened to be talking to her and Jim [Streisand's husband, James Brolin] when it struck midnight. They said, 'Excuse us,' kissed each other, and then, very politely, kissed me."

Even without the wig and makeup, Aniston said she and Babs have more than a few things in common.

"We love interior design," Aniston said. "Also, we are people who just have been put in the spotlight, for better or for worse, and you just keep riding, and you keep overcoming, and you just stay true to what you love to do."

And Jen loves to make people laugh.

"People laugh at me. Sometimes I know why, and sometimes I don't. But I can pretty much find humor in anything. That is a necessary part of life," Aniston told the magazine. "I don't want to say laughter is healing, because it sounds corny, but it's a release."

She stars opposite Jason Bateman in her latest film, "The Switch," which is due out later this month.

"He is perhaps the most adorable human being on the planet," Aniston said about her co-star. "I'm so glad he's having a resurgence."

Jen has two other films in the works, "Just Go With It" with Adam Sandler and Nicole Kidman, and "Bosses" with Jason Sudeikis, but she is looking to get behind the camera and direct.

"I directed a short a couple years ago, and if I don't do it again soon, I'm going to burst out of my skin."

After a long conversation about directing with Barbra, Aniston felt that she can do anything.

"You don't have to stop at one thing," Aniston said. "You can do it all if you want to."


My story about Jennifer Aniston ran in all ten NBC local media markets: New York CityMiamiWashington DCPhiladelphiaSan FranciscoLos AngelesSan DiegoChicagoConnecticut, and Dallas-Fort Worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment